ALIN Awarded 2011 Access to Learning Award by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

James Nguo, ALIN Regional Director, rejoices after the announcement in San Juan, Puerto Rico by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Photo: © BMGF


Watch video here: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/atla/Pages/2011-atla-award-alin-slideshow.aspx

Thursday, June 20, 2013

MY LIFE WAS ENTIRELY TRANSFORMED BY ALIN- Job Kasambyo Ben



MY LIFE WAS ENTIRELY TRANSFORMED BY ALIN- Job Kasambyo Ben.
Alone, scared and lost about life after high school in 2009 and with no experience or expertise in anything that seemed to matter in real life outside school, ALIN Started a free Information Technology Training Centre in my home area in Kyuso at a time when I must admit, we didn’t even have a single computer in the whole district and most of us had never seen a computer before. 

Looking back four years back, I truly can appreciate enough the impact that Kyuso Maarifa Centre has endowed my life since I enrolled for a Computer End-User-Proficiency course in 2009 and began reading their diversely resourced library of development and business books in 2009 that has enabled me advance my university studies.

ALIN’s courses on Multimedia and Web 2.0 Tools empowered me with information to start blogs and actualize my dreams of impacting the society with information through designing my blogs Job Kasambyo Initiatives, Because Life's A Gift, Youth Revolution -Kenya and Inspired World Philanthropy. These Web 2.0 tools have been instrumental in the formation and organization of my development initiatives.

Multimedia training at Kyuso Maarifa Centre has enabled me to take commercial contracts to make videos and movies in social and official functions, an experience I’ve come to enjoy as well as contribute to my income. I’m in the process of creating my own online commercial motivational videos and host them on YouTube and Picasa.

The Maarifa centre later in 2011 introduced me to online Web Design courses, where I undertook a course in Web Development from the Alison website. Since that training, I have become a professional wed developer with a business profile of developing websites for schools. ALIN also helped me create a business website for my web design business at MBIO GROUP INC. which has expanded my customer base.

At the moment, ALIN hasn’t left me behind and is my first choice in providing me with information on my current course in computer programming through its welcoming, ready, willing and able to helpful Field Officer at Kyuso John Njue who is also training on Community Journalism. After these courses, I hope to form the first online community blog in my district where the community will share agricultural and development information. 

Kyuso Maarifa Centre has empowered me with information on development, technology, agriculture, management and enabled me pay my college fees and in my university research. 

I’m also grateful to ALIN’s Kyuso Maarifa Centre on behalf of the whole of my family who are among the thousands of beneficiaries of its trainings within and beyond Kyuso District. The community in Kyuso is more than honored to have the Centre and we pray, thank and bless the Field Officer Mr. John Njue who has found a way to send a lifetime of impact in every life, young or old. Thanks to ALIN, Now I can chat my with my ALIN-trained 50 year old mother on Face book,  I have a growing business and hope to get a first class honors degree on completion of my B.A Development Studies with IT this year. 

With Regards,

Job Kasambyo Ben

Maseno University.          

No comments: